Department of Religious Studies

For Faculty

Forms and Other Relevant Information.


In order to receive reimbursements for travel, supplies, books, etc; or to get a vendor or guest speaker paid please fill out the Religious Studies Reimbursement Form and submit with necessary receipts to In lieu of the form, you may submit an itemized list of expenses, with business purpose and budget information. Receipts should include payment method. All expense reports are due within 60 days of purchase, or if traveling, within 60 days of the return date.

Please note the University policy change on car rentals:

  • The University has made an agreement with Enterprise/National Car Rental for all car rentals. University employees should use these two car rental agencies for all vehicle rentals for University business and reserve them through Brown's Travel Portal. The contractual rate includes liability insurance and collision damage insurance. Use of other car rental agencies is permissible when National Car and Enterpise are not available in the region you are traveling. Reimbursement will be based on the contracted rates through Brown's preferred suppliers.

More information on Brown's travel policies.

Faculty Travel Fund

Apply for Faculty Travel Funds

Please note on the FTF Homepage that on-line applications must be submitted prior to travel and received by no later than May 30th. The applicant and Department Managers will receive email notification as soon as the application is approved by the manager for the Office of Faculty Governance. The Department Manager may then process FTF transactions through Workday Financials using the FTF Worktags. Department Managers should not charge the Faculty Travel Fund without prior approval from the Office of Faculty Governance.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Faculty Travel Fund, please feel free to contact Joel Revill.

Inviting International Scholars

Please check in with the Departmental Manager, Nicole Vadnais,, before issuing invitations to international scholars to Brown. The scholar must request the proper visa before entering the country in order to be paid correctly.